martes, 3 de noviembre de 2009

Email samples


AN EMAIL
Write an email to your parents or relatives.
13 October
Dear mummy and daddy,
I have been in Los Angeles (United States) since September's first. I will come back in a month, and I miss you a lot, but I don't want to come back.
I love this place very much, I am enjoying a lot , meeting people and the best is that I am learning a lot. Last Friday's night I went out with some friends, and we discovered a very cool pub. We enjoyed it a lot but I couldn't dance, because on Wednesday,I had hurt my ankle unkle, but don't worry! I am fine!
I haven't done any exam yet, but next week, we have four exams! So I think that I have to start studying...

Well, with regard to the language, I think is difficult to speak another language different from Spanish 24 hours a day, but my new mates are helping me in all they can.
The culture is great, I like it because it is similar to European culture, although I miss Spanish food!
The place where I am is beautiful and each day I like it more.
Later, I'll send you a postcard with a photo of the city.I love you!See you soon!
Carmen Valverde
Dear mum,
I've been in Canada for two days and I'm missing you a lot.
Have you missed me?
I'm really enjoying the swimming academy but it's not easy for me.
We have to wake up at 6.30 a.m. to have breakfast. Then at 7:30 a.m. we start the swimming class. First, we practise for 4 hours, until 11.30 a.m and then we have a break. When we finish the first training we are so hungry, but our coach told us that if we were hungry we would have to eat bananas. We look as if we were monkeys! Ha ha.
After having lunch, at 4.30 p.m. , we go to practise again and we practise until 8.30 p.m. Then we go to have a shower and to have dinner. I always speak with my mates before going bed. I'm learning how to do the butterfly technique.
Every month, we will have a competition in difference places in Canada!.
I'm learning a lot of English here, but I'm learning French too, because there are some boys from Quebec and they speak French. I met Omar, a Spanish boy and we speak in Spanish too. He is very nice and we are together in class.
I want to see you soon , ok?

I love you mum!.
xxxxxxx Lot of love xxxxxxx René Rodríguez
13 october
19:14
Dear mum and dad,
I've been in
California for six weeks. I love Los Angeles but I've missed you.
I'm really enjoying the language school, I met many people. Every Saturday, we've gone for a walk, but as you couldn't go here, I've been going with of my friends´parents.
I've learned a lot English, We've only been going to the pool and talking.
It was very difficult for me to understand them, because they speak too fast for me. But We've visited Hollywood and the Staples center, I wanted to see Kobe Bryant but it won´t be be possible. But we could see the girls of Los Angeles Sparks, for example Marta Férnandez.
See you soon. Marta.Mellado



FROM: Anabel
SUBJECT: Gimnastic Academy

13 October
21:06
Dear Mary,

I’ve been in Chicago, in a Gimnastic Academy for a month. I’ve missed you a lot and the rest of the family too.
I love it so much. Here there are a lot of girls that love gymnastics like me. The trainers are fabulous but very strict. I’ve been having some problems such as the language because you know that I don’t speak English very well, but here there are some Spanish girls and it’s so good.

I’ve been training all days , 3 hours on each one. We’ve been learning news movements and now I use better the ball and the ring and I have more flexibility.
I’ve been meeting new friends in the academy and out of it. The city is fascinating. I’ve been taking a lot of photos for you because I know that you love Chicago. Here’s a photo of me.
See you soon.
Anabel Gálvez.

Dear mum and dad,
I have been in Morga, in Vizcaya, for 11 days. I’ ve missed you during this period but… Have you missed me?
I’m really enjoying the English camp but it has been being difficult the two first days because I’ve never met before all that people and I didn’t know them. But now it’s perfect, we have a very good friendship. Murcian people has been mixed with people from Vitoria, and it’s incredible but I’ve been learning “vasco” too.
We’ve been having English lessons during 6 days because somedays we went on trips. During the morning we have been having the lessons.
During the afternoon we have been playing games, in English, of course, and we had a lot of fun. At half past eight we had dinner, and during the dinner we talked about the day, we made jokes…
At night, after dinner, we have done activities really interesting. When we finished those activities, we went to the bedrooms and we could do whatever we wanted till they said :” Everybody to bed!”.
Here is a picture of me and three friends that I’ve met here.
With love, Lorena Cuenca.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario